The establishment of the law school was a realization of Atty. Go’s dream (being a lawyer himself) of establishing a law school that would produce competent and globally-competitive lawyers who possess a strong sense of responsibility for helping the community, uphold the rule of law, and evoke a fervid desire for law reforms and dedication for people empowerment.
The University of Cebu School of Law (formerly, “University of Cebu College of Law”) was established in 2002 through the efforts of the University of Cebu President, Atty. Augusto W. Go with the assistance of Retired Supreme Court Associate Justice Regino C. Hermosisima, Jr. and former UC Law Deans, Atty. Adelino B. Sitoy and Atty. Baldomero C. Estenzo. Learn More.
Vision, Mission, Goals, Core Values
To become one of the best law schools, if not the best law school, in the Asia Pacific Region.
To provide student-centered and socially-relevant education through globally competitive academic and professional skills development programs.
Our goals enable us to achieve our mission and vision.
In carrying out its Goals, UC School of Law adopts and will inculcate in its students, faculty, and staff the following values of the University - I CARE.
To become one of the best law schools, if not the best law school, in the Asia Pacific Region that promote law reform, social development, respect for the rule of law, and awareness of civic responsibility of lawyers.
As center for quality legal learning and research, to provide student-centered and socially-relevant education through globally competitive academic and professional skills development programs.
To this end, we shall:
1. Attract, retain, and develop top caliber students, faculty and staff;
2. Develop and continually upgrade our curriculum;
3. Provide and maintain world-class facilities and quality services for the students, faculty and staff;
4. Institutionalize our scholarship programs;
5. Strengthen our linkages with local and foreign agencies and institutions;
6. Participate actively in advocacy and legal aid programs; and
7. Maintain and improve our various programs, including the MCLE.
Consistent with its Vision and Mission, UC School of Law aims to:
1. Clarify and push the frontiers of knowledge in law through basic legal education and research;
2. Promote the good of the person and the welfare of society through the pursuit of truth within the mechanisms of a democratic society;
3. Advance the cause of the less-privileged and the marginalized sectors of the country through an efficient delivery of justice in the courts of law; and
Produce competent and exemplary lawyers who passes not only the orientation, knowledge and skills in law but also the desirable moral values expected of the members of the legal profession
In carrying out its Goals, UC School of Law adopts and will inculcate in its students, faculty, and staff the following values of the University:
· Innovation – We embrace change and technological advancement to improve lives.
· Camaraderie – We live together in the spirit of love, harmony, and respect for the dignity of the human person.
· Alignment – We value common good and appreciate oneness, fairness and consistency.
· Respect – We practice professionalism at all times and abide by the University’s guiding principles.
· Excellence – We are driven and committed to become the finest higher educational institution.
Hear from some of the University of Cebu School of Law Alumni.
ATTY. CHRISTIAN LLIDO
Ranked 10th, 2007 Philippine Bar Examination
If somebody mentions UC School of Law, what instinctively comes into my mind is quality legal education with unparalleled and unprecedented scholarship benefits. It is, in other words, a very, if not the most, generous law institution, for deserving students who are able to meet the prescribed grades.
ATTY. MANUEL ELIJAH SARAUSAD
Ranked 6th, 2013 Philippine Bar Examination
Truth be told, when I took the bar exams, I was very confident. I was confident that there would not be a question which I could not answer, and that there would not be a topic which my UC Law professors had not discussed or covered. So, when I answered the bar questions and felt that the oral recitations by my UC Law professor were more difficult, I knew I would do well in the Bar!
ATTY. ELLA MAE MENDOZA
Ranked 17th, 2017 Philippine Bar Examination
University of Cebu School of Law has opened a world of opportunities for me. I have never seen myself excel in anything before, but UC Law saw the potential I never thought I had within me. That is why I would credit whatever I have achieved in law school and in the Bar Exams to the community and family that is UC Law. That is the great thing about UC Law — it brings out the best in you.
ATTY. MICHELLE LIAO
Ranked 5th, 2014 Philippine Bar Examination
I believe I was blessed to have enrolled in “the University that cares”. It was that “care” that changed my mindset from cynicism to hope and inspiration—hope for a better tomorrow through better understanding and appreciation of the law and the legal profession, and the inspiration to pay that hope forward by being a dedicated teacher and a good example, just as the UC family has done for me.”